We are pleased to provide financial assistance to the Pennridge School District in the form of grants for curricular and extracurricular activities that prepare students to succeed in the 21st Century. Since the spring of 2010, we have awarded more than $10,000 in Classroom Innovation Grants, working closely with the Director of Curriculum, Assessment, and Technology to identify projects, workshops, and technology to support and enhance instruction in the Pennridge schools.
We offer three types of grants: innovative classroom grants, educational enhancement grants, and leadership summit grants. Those eligible to apply for these grants include teachers, administrators, principals, advisors, sponsors, and coaches, individually or as a group.
We are committed to providing funds for programs that:
- Reflect best teaching practices
- Display creativity
- Encourage participation with parents and the community
- Provide opportunities not typically available to students (field trips, speakers, etc.)
- Inspire students to increase their interest in a topic
- Demonstrate novel use of materials beyond the curriculum
- Use technology to enhance instruction
- Provide students with leadership and competitive opportunities outside the classroom
Applications for grants will be made available up to twice a year - in October and February - through the Director of Curriculum, Assessment, and Technology. Applications will be submitted to the Director; those that meet the criteria of the District curriculum will be sent to our Grant Committee. Applications approved by the committee then will be presented to the Pennridge School Board for final approval.
Awards will vary in amount from $100 to $1,000 per grant. Awards will be dependent upon available funding.